OmniJet Probe – High Frequency Coaxial PCB Probe (44 GHz)
The OmniJet probe by D-COAX is used for high
frequency PCB impedance characterization or high-speed electrical signal analysis and is an excellent and affordable solution. It is similar to Omni probe, but it’s mounted on the compact rigid holding fixture. This compact configuration is designed for low profile PCB boards. High accuracy measurement obtained by having low contact resistance and impedance control of the probe throughout all transitions.
Tips for using OmniJet Probe:
- For accurate probe X-Y positioning, draw a circle with a sharpie with the aid of size 5/16” circle template around the desired contact location.
- Use microscope at about 45 degree angle to the DUT plane and use a circle as a visual aid to land the probe on the test pad.
The Omni probe uses spring pins for all contacts. The best repeatable height for probe positioning is obtained by the following method: First, over travel the probe until the probe head surface touches the DUT surface, then raise it back 0.020 inches for the best repeatable results.
The use of spring-loaded probe tips makes the probe last longer than conventional probes without losing performance or accuracy. The probe head has gold plated, rugged, crown tips that can be used for smooth or rough surfaces.
Features and Benefits
- Durability – long life time, anti-crash feature, reliable contact quality
- Flexibility – works on rough surface, symmetry in 4 directions
- RF Performance – low insertion loss, low contact resistance, high bandwidth